International PhD aspirants are being given a fantastic opportunity to conduct their research in Finland. The Finnish Institute of International Affairs is offering the Senior Fellowships for the academic year 2021-2022.
Applicants will be provided with all possible costs of the research in Finland, covering everything from a travel allowance, funding for events and publishing, an office with a computer, internet access and phone, healthcare coverage, and access to FIIA facilities. Domestic and international applicants with relevant educational certification are eligible.
Apply for this programme and get financial assistance in Finland.
The Finnish Institute of International Affairs is an independent research institute holding the 22nd rank in Finland. Its mission is to produce high-quality, topical information on international relations and the EU.
Why choose the Finnish Institute of International Affairs? Finnish Institute of International Affairs is committed to pursuing cutting-edge interdisciplinary scholarship and seeks innovative research proposals. Young scholars with the demonstrable promise of excellence are wholeheartedly welcomed at FIIA. It is a world-recognized research institute at the European forefront and noteworthy globally for its strategic cross-cutting themes.
Application Deadline: 1st August 2021
- University or Organization: Finnish Institute of International Affairs
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Finland
- Eligible Countries: Entrants from all international countries and domestic students of Finland are eligible.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD programme to research policy-relevant, strategic and critical issues related to the role of the United States in global political and economic affairs is eligible.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be able to collaborate in ongoing research within FIIA.
- The applicants’ research proposal must be approved and accepted.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants are required to submit the below mention documents via mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for the vacant position.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- A letter of reference supporting the application.
- A three- to five-page double-spaced statement proposing a research project, including its relevance to the above research interests.
- A curriculum vitae
- A letter of intent, a description of the proposed research project (max. 2,500 words)
- A list of your most important publications and references (names, positions, and email addresses).
- Admission Requirements: Applicants are required to have a doctoral degree, an excellent publication record, and a demonstrated research capacity to be accepted at FIIA.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must attain average scores in English language proficiency tests such as IELTS and TOEFL.
The winning candidates will receive a negotiated salary; a travel allowance; funding for events and publishing; an office with a computer, internet access, and phone; healthcare coverage; and access to FIIA facilities.