Fulfill your dream of studying at Auckland University of Technology with the help of the Nicholas Tarling Memorial International PhD Scholarship. The studentship is open for the academic year 2021-2022.
The main aim of this award is to provide financial support to high-achieving domestic and international students who want to pursue a doctoral research program at AUT in New Zealand.
Through this application, you can get an award of $10,000 to fund your PhD study at Auckland University of Technology.
Originally formed in 1895, Auckland Institution of Technology became a public research university on January 1, 2000. International students can choose from a variety of degree programs at the university.
Why study at Auckland University of Technology? AUT offers various international chances to its applicants, as well as the best teaching facilities on a global scale. It provides financial assistance to individuals in need and encourages them to achieve their best in order to build a bright future.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2021
- University or Organization: Auckland University of Technology
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: $10,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: Domestic and students
- The award can be taken in New Zealand
- Eligible Countries: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Doctoral degree program in Southeast Asia Studies
- Admissible Criteria:
- Applicants must meet the normal admission criteria and have received an Offer of Place for the Doctoral program at AUT
- Applicants should have an excellent academic record, solid academic references, and have demonstrated the potential for high-quality research.
- The applicant’s proposed field of study must be one where the University can offer supervision. Applicants should contact potential supervisors prior to application to confirm the availability of supervision for their proposed research.
- Applicants must meet English language proficiency requirements as stated in the Academic Calendar at the time of application.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Participants have to take admission in a doctoral degree program at the university. After that, they can complete the online application form for the grant.
- Supporting Documents: Academic transcript(s) for any previous tertiary study that was completed at a university other than AUT, reference letter, curriculum vitae, a maximum three-page proposal, scan of the passport, and a brief personal statement must be submitted.
- Admission Requirements: The aspirants must have a GPA of 8.0 or above in their most recent qualifying program.
- Language Requirement: Candidates have to satisfy the English language requirements of studying at AUT.
The Auckland University of Technology will provide an award amount of $10,000 to the winning candidates.