Would you like to study in Sweden? Make your dream come true by applying for the International PhD Position in Economic History offered by Stockholm University.
This study program aims to provide financial support for high achieving overseas candidates who have a plan to take part in PhD degree coursework at the university.
Grab this funding opportunity and get financial assistance in Sweden.
Stockholm University offers its counseling services to both prospective and existing students, helping them make informed choices. Both prospective and current students can benefit from Stockholm University’s counselling services, which can assist them in making informed decisions. Students can speak with career advisors at Stockholm University to choose which scholarship is best for them.
Why study at Stockholm University? Students can acquire a top-notch education as well as an exceptional research atmosphere here. They will learn to think critically and analytically, select the best strategy for solving problems on their own, and expand their knowledge of research ethics.
Application Deadline: June 10, 2021
- University: Stockholm University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: Salary
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International students
- The award can be taken in Sweden
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Economic History
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Completed First Level education in Economic History, or equivalent education of at least 90 HECs, and completed Second Level education in similar areas of at least 30 HECs, of which at least 15 HECs comprise essay work.
- Completed higher education specialised in theoretical subjects relevant to the Third Level programme comprising another 60 HECs, or equivalent education.
- Sufficient knowledge of English to allow studies of academic literature written in English. Knowledge of English should correspond to at least 550 credits in a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) (equivalent: 6.0 IELTS).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To grasp the opportunity, aspirants must take admission in the PhD degree program at Stockholm University. After that, they must need to complete the application via the Online Application form for this award.
- Supporting Documents: Please submit all the following documents:
- Letter of motivation
- CV – degrees and other completed courses, work experience, and a list of degree projects/theses
- Research proposal (maximum three pages) describing:
- why you are interested in the field/project described in the advertisement
- why and how you wish to address this research task
- what makes you suitable for the project in question
- Degree certificates and grades confirming that you meet the general and specific entry requirements (no more than six files)
- Degree projects/theses (no more than three files).
- Letters of recommendation (no more than six files
- Certificate in English corresponding to at least 550 credits on English as Foreign Language (TOEFL). This criterion does not apply for students who have completed their education at a Swedish university, where English proficiency is a general eligibility requirement.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must have a master’s degree from a recognized university.
- Language Requirement: You can demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through certain upper secondary (high school) studies, certain university studies, or an internationally recognised English test.
The Stockholm University will provide a good salary package to the successful candidates for the academic year 2021/2022.